It appears like a terrific deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t enjoy something free, right?
Companies that dangle enticing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free usually make customers assume they're going to hit the jackpot. However, it's important to approach these offers carefully. Many times, what seems like a great deal at first may not be so wonderful in the long run. Unscrupulous companies sometimes increase the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount they've offered.
Remember the saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t that many air conditioners that are truly free when it's all over.
Be on the Lookout for the Not-So-Free AC
A supposedly "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or having to sign up for expensive additional services. It's critical for you to carefully assess the overall cost and terms before falling for such promotions. One way to protect yourself is to request a second opinion from another HVAC company, such as Covington Air Systems, and do a comparison of prices of the entire installation.
Here are a few of the ways a “free” AC could come back to sting you in the pocketbook
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may enhance the pricing of their services and products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the deal much higher than it originally appears.
- Hidden installation fees: While the air conditioner might be free, you may encounter unanticipated installation charges that weren't clearly stated in the original offer. These costs can significantly increase the overall price of the system.
- Mandatory added services: To recover the cost of the allegedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to purchase additional services or plans at embellished prices. These kinds of things can rapidly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, making claims of enhanced performance or improved efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or supply much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: While the initial offer may include warranties, some companies might enforce restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that limit the coverage. You might need to pay additional money for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Try a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to purchasing a furnace, it's essential to concentrate on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being enticed by extravagant promotions, it is wiser to buy from a reputable company.
What are the qualities of a reputable HVAC business? The company will have a sound track record in the industry, endorsed by favorable customer ratings. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which demonstrates that it respects industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable HVAC company handle pricing? It will offer transparent and fair pricing, with no hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Fair, Professional HVAC Installation in Covington, Call Covington Air Systems
At Covington Air Systems, we take pride in providing our customers with trustworthy and high-quality HVAC service in Covington. Whether you need furnace installation or are searching for a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you outstanding support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our experienced professionals are skilled in their craft and furnished with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and our helpful staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you partner with Covington Air Systems, you can have confidence that you'll get superior service from an HVAC company that sincerely cares about your comfort.
Call (770) 462-5319 today for your complimentary, no-obligation estimate.